Our Information Desk will be forwarding your Query / Comments to the
concerned department for an immediate response. Kindly be patient as
someone will contact you very soon to see if there is anything we can help you with
Information Desk GMC Srinagar
message Submitted from IP: ec2-54-162-91-86.compute-1.amazonaws.com
The Government Hospital for Children is anAssociated Hospital of Government Medical College Srinagar providing specialistcare for all children up to the age of 15 years. It provides exclusive care tochildren in the Field of Medicine, Prevention and Treatment of Communicablediseases, Inpatient and Out Patient care free of cost and also Free andSubsidized Immunization according to WHO Standards and Protocols. the bedstrength of the Hospital is 175, however the actual occupancy of the hospitalat any given point of time is significantly higher. The Hospital also providesMedical Education to the Undergraduate Students of Government Medical CollegeSrinagar as well as the Post Graduate Students admitted every year.
· Installation of 16-Slice C.T Scan Machine (Siemens) on 09-08-2015.
· Work commenced on installation of Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP) worth approximately Rs.3.00 crores on 22th August, 2015 after more than a decade. Sump and dewatering pump stands installed. (Agency: UEED)
· Receipt of 02 nos of Winger Ambulances as donation from Bajaj Electricals Limited through United Way of India on 31st August, 2015.
· Inauguration of flood hit entire ground floor of the hospital on 08th, September, 2015.
· Initiated the process of NABH accreditation through National Accreditation Board of Hospitals and Health Care Providers on 14-09-2015.
· Started Paediatric Nephrology/Ophthalmology/Haematology in the hospital whileas other specialities like Haematology, Gastroenterology, Paediatric Surgery being started shortly.
· From having blood storage facility, the hospital has procured machinery and equipment for having a fully fledged licensed blood bank with hi-end equipment and testing facilities.
· A hi-end auto-analyzer has been procured free of cost and installed enabling the hospital to undertake most complicated investigations within the hospital (September, 2015). Moreover one latest ABG machine along with Coagulation machine (Fully computerised Coagulation Analyzer) is being installed within one week’s time. This machine will enable us to undertake all coagulation factors.
· A high level Hospital Infection Committee constituted with everyday meetings to ensure high level of infection control in the hospital.
· Overhauling of ventilation system with fresh filters and servicing of Air-Handling Units (AHUs) done after one decade (12th August, 2015)
· Installation of 4-tier electrical system to ensure 24 x 7 electricity in any catastrophe or disaster by installation of one 340 KVA generator at 22 feet above the ground level. Two generators each of 20 KVA. All the machinery equipments being retrofitted as per World Bank Disaster Management Guidelines (August, 2015)
· Installed Echocardiography machine costing approximately Rs.1.00/- crore.
· Installation of 10 new High End Ventilators (5 in NICU and 5 in PICU) under the PMRP (Prime Minister’s Relief Programme).
· Installed uninterrupted 6 hour backup power supply (UPS) for NICU and Operation Theatre donated by Sajid Iqbal Foundation.
· Installation of 10 street lights within the hospital and repair and cleaning of existing street lights by the SMC.
· (RKS) Rogi Kalyan Samiti constituted and registered for the first time after 3 years of release of funds.
· Installation of signages, patient-friendly cartoons and LED television set playing cartoon network and cartoon channels in the OPD.
· Streamlined parking inside the hospital.
· Introduced mandatory mother health checkup alongside the child in the OPD. Child Psychologist and Nutritional Counsellor rendering advise to all patients at bedside.
PROJECTS IN PIPELINE:
· Introduction of Walky-Talky mobile communication system within the hospital.
· Creation of 911 helpline for critically sick patients in the Srinagar City including despatch of critical care ambulance from home to hospital.
· Face-lifting/beautification and landscaping of the hospital premises.
· Upgradation with hi-end CCTV cameras and Public Address Systems within the hospital complex an review of Security System.
· Creation of Emergency Responders in the Emergency/Casualty area for critically ill patients being referred to the hospital.
· Hospital Management and Information System/ICT Platform being installed. LAN connectivity being done.